Setting up a Transactional in-app NPS campaign is highly similar to creating a regular in-app campaign, but with a couple of adjustments.
Here's a quick step-by-step guide to get you started:
1. Access the Campaigns page and click on the Create new campaign button.
2. Next, choose "Regular in-app NPS campaign (web)" as the campaign type.
3. Select an in-app template that will be displayed to customers that enter this campaign.
4. Filter you audience with customers tags. If you choose one or more tags, then only customers that have those tags assigned in your web application will see the survey. You can leave the tags field empty if you want to survey all your customers.
5. For Transactional in-app NPS campaigns, ignore the Schedule tab, because your campaign will not take it into account at all. Surveys will be displayed only when a customer performs a specific action in your web application.
6. Make sure to create notifications so you can track your NPS feedback. If needed, create custom workflows.
7. Finally, on the Setup tab, you will find two scripts for this campaign: define customer script and survey embed script.
Scripts are the same as for regular in-app campaigns, but you can use them in transactional campaigns if you edit a single line.
So, find the data-campaign="regular" line in the define customer script and replace it with data-campaign="transactional". Next, include these scripts into your web application and call both of them whenever customers trigger a specific event in your platform.
Enable the transactional in-app campaign
Finally, click on the Save campaign button and you will be redirected to your campaigns list. Make sure to enable the new transactional in-app campaign by switching the toggle button ON, otherwise your survey will not be triggered in your customers' account.