NOTE: Click here to learn more about using the Intercom integration to sync your customers to Retently.
The native Intercom integration allows you to export survey data and assign them as contact properties and adds them as events that you can use as filters for your automated Intercom messages.
Manage the survey data export
Go to the Integrations page and connect the Intercom integration by clicking the Connect button. If the integration is already connected, then click the Settings button.
On the integrations page, choose the "Integration settings" option from the menu.
On the "Integration settings" page, find the "Export NPS data to Intercom" section and choose the option that fits you best.
The integration supports three data export options:
- NPS score and text feedback: When a customer answers the survey, the score and the text commend will be exported to Intercom and assigned as contact properties.
- NPS score only: When a customer answers the survey, only the score is exported to Intercom.
- Do not export: When a customer answers the survey, the score and text comment will be skipped and will not be exported to Intercom.
NOTE: If the customer answers another survey, the data in the score and comment fields in Intercom will update automatically to display the latest survey data.
Survey data as Intercom properties
If you have activated the survey data export option, then when a customer answers the survey our app will create three new fields in your Intercom account.
The fields will be assigned to your contacts, and will store the survey data:
- Retently survey score: will store the customer's last survey score (e.g., 5, 8, 10, etc.).
- Retently survey comment: will store the customer's last survey text feedback. If the customer did not leave any feedback, then the field will be empty.
- Retently survey score category: will store the name of the customer's response category, based on their last score (e.g., promoter, passive, detractor). The category name allows you to easily segment in Intercom customers in a specific category.
Survey data as Intercom events
Along with the properties, our app will also attach a set of events to the contact's profile in Intercom.
Retently last survey: displays data about the last survey that the customer received. This event includes the following additional data:
- Count: how many surveys the customer has received.
- First time: when was the first survey sent.
- Most recent: when was the last survey sent.
Retently survey response: displays data about the last response that the customer gave to the survey. This event includes the following additional data:
- Count: - how many responses the customer left.
- First time: when was the first response received.
- Last time: when was the last response received.
Manually export survey data
Retently is exporting data using Intercom's API, which can become overloaded at times and not available for short periods of time. This might result in some data not being exported. If you notice that some customers may not have the latest survey data attached to their profile in Intercom, you can use our solution to push the data manually.
You will find this option on the "Integration settings" page, in the "Export NPS data to Intercom" section. All you have to do it to click the "Export all feedback manually" option.
IMPORTANT: To ensure the reliability of this option, we recommend you to use it no more often than once per week.
The integration's export feature supports all survey metrics (NPS, 5-STAR, CSAT, CES).
Each metric has a different rating scale, and the categories of respondents will also differ.
NPS (0 - 10 scale)
- Rating of 0 to 6 = Detractor
- Rating of 7 or 8 = Passive
- Rating of 9 or 10 = Promoter
5-STAR (1 - 5 scale)
- Rating of 1 or 2 = Negative
- Rating of 3 = Neutral
- Rating of 4 or 5 = Positive
CSAT (1 -5 scale)
- Rating of 1 or 2 = Unsatisfied
- Rating of 3 = Neutral
- Rating of 4 or 5 = Satisfied
CES (1 - 7 scale)
- Rating of 1 to 3 = Negative
- Rating of 4 = Neutral
- Rating of 5 to 7 = Positive
IMPORTANT: CSAT and CES survey templates allow you to replace the numbers in the rating buttons with custom text. When the survey data will be exported to the integration, the text will be converted back to the corresponding number of the button.