NOTE: Click here to learn more about using the HubSpot integration to sync your customers to Retently.
The native HubSpot integration allows you to export survey data and assign them as contact properties and adds them as notes that you can use as filters for your automated HubSpot messages.
Manage the survey data export
Go to the Integrations page and connect the HubSpot integration by clicking the Connect button (your HubSpot API key is required). If the integration is already connected, then click the Settings button.
On the integrations page, choose the "Integration settings" option from the menu.
On the "Integration settings" page, find the "Export NPS data to HubSpot" section and choose the option that fits you best.
The integration supports four data export options:
- NPS score, text feedback, and notes: When a customer answers the survey, the score and the text commend will be exported to HubSpot and assigned as contact properties. Our app will also create a note in the contact's profile in HubSpot, which will include the date of the response, the name of the survey campaign, the score, and the text feedback.
- NPS score and text feedback: When a customer answers the survey, the score and the text commend will be exported to HubSpot and assigned as contact properties.
- NPS score only: When a customer answers the survey, only the score is exported to HubSpot.
- Do not export: When a customer answers the survey, the score and text comment will be skipped and will not be exported to HubSpot.
NOTE: If the customer answers another survey, the data in the score and comment fields in HubSpot will update automatically to display the latest survey data. Except for the notes, as they are not updated. Instead, a new note will be created with the new response.
Survey data in contact properties
If you have activated the survey data export option, then when a customer answers the survey our app will create three new fields in your HubSpot account.
The fields will be assigned to your contacts, and will store the survey data:
- Survey rating: will store the customer's last survey score (e.g., 5, 8, 10, etc.).
- Survey comment: will store the customer's last survey text feedback. If the customer did not leave any feedback, then the field will be empty.
- Last survey: will store the date of the last survey that the customer has received in a MM/DD/YYYY format.
Survey data as HubSpot notes
Along with the properties, our app will also create a new note in the customer's HubSpot profile every time they answer a survey. The notes are ideal for storing and viewing past survey responses in HubSpot.
You can access survey notes in the "Notes" section in a contact's HubSpot profile, or in the "Activity" field.
A survey note includes the following details:
- Response date.
- Survey campaign name.
- Survey score.
- Survey feedback.
The integration's export feature supports all survey metrics (NPS, 5-STAR, CSAT, CES).
Each metric has a different rating scale, and the categories of respondents will also differ.
NPS (0 - 10 scale)
- Rating of 0 to 6 = Detractor
- Rating of 7 or 8 = Passive
- Rating of 9 or 10 = Promoter
5-STAR (1 - 5 scale)
- Rating of 1 or 2 = Negative
- Rating of 3 = Neutral
- Rating of 4 or 5 = Positive
CSAT (1 -5 scale)
- Rating of 1 or 2 = Unsatisfied
- Rating of 3 = Neutral
- Rating of 4 or 5 = Satisfied
CES (1 - 7 scale)
- Rating of 1 to 3 = Negative
- Rating of 4 = Neutral
- Rating of 5 to 7 = Positive
IMPORTANT: CSAT and CES survey templates allow you to replace the numbers in the rating buttons with custom text. When the survey data will be exported to the integration, the text will be converted back to the corresponding number of the button.